The Scottish Enterprise is organising a 4 hour free seminar on 25 October 2011 at St. Andrews Links Trust Golf Practice Centre on how social media can influence the tourism industry.
It has found that Social media is fundamentally changing the tourism industry. The businesses like Gobananas are using these tools to get their message across and to draw their customers closer to them.
Since, the social media has found to be effective in tourism business, tourists are “liking” a venue on Facebook, describing their experiences on TripAdvisor, or posting their videos and photos on YouTube and Flickr. Customers are using these tools to choose how and where to spend their leisure time and money.
The seminar on social media is to demonstrate on how these tools works, why they are important and how to make them work for businesses, using inspirational and practical examples.The seminar is done using following steps.
1. Understand the impact of social networking on the tourism industry
2. Learn about the power of social networking for business
3. Learn which sites and which technologies suit your business and your customers
4. See how you can get others to do your marketing for you
5. Improve and strengthen your reputation, your credibility and your customer relationships
6. Be inspired by real world examples and successes.
The e-business experts of the Scottish Enterprise are at your help to give further advice and explore what else they can do to help. The criteria to attend the seminar is you must be into a tourism business.